Levada do Rei Walk
From: 36.0 €
The Levada do rei walk will take you in one of the most beautiful levadas in Madeira, and allow to visit the Ribeiro Bonito ( beautiful stream)
“Every breath you take will bond you to the Forest. A true Sanctuary of Nature!”
The Levada do Rei begins in the Water Treatment Station in Quebradas in São Jorge.
This route skirts the valley of São Jorge, where we can observe some herbs and medicinal plants and at the same time learn a little about them.
Initially, we will walk in an exotic forest composed by some introduced flora specimens, where we can observe the fantastic agricultural landscapes of São Jorge and Santana.
After a few minutes, we get inside one of the best-preserved areas of the Laurissilva Forest (World Heritage Site by UNESCO since 1999) where we observe a variety of plants, such as the Til (Ocotea foetens), the Laurel (Laurus novocanariensis) and the Madeira Mahogany (Persea indica).
As for bird species, we can highlight the Firecrest and the Chaffinch.
We walk through a waterfall before we finish the first part of our journey, arriving at Ribeiro Bonito, an isolated and with plenty of water site, where you can hear the sounds of nature.
After a few minutes of rest we go round the same track back.
- Official Mountain Guide,
- Insurance (Required by Portuguese law)
Activities may be canceled in the following circumstances:
- The minimum participants are not guaranteed.
- Due to weather conditions.
- Due to not being met the minimum conditions of security.
- Due to reasons beyond our reach: collapse, wars, conflicts, etc…
– The customer is responsible for their individual behavior on each activity and may be unable to perform the rest of the activity if he puts at risk the integrity of others.
– The operator is not responsible for accidents resulting from carelessness or disregard of the participants in the information monitors.
– Personal objects are in the care of its owners, The operator is not responsible for the objects lost during the activity.
– Customers give to The operator all rights in the audiovisual material collected during the activity and allow its use for promotional purposes.
– Minimum: 2 people
– Available only Fridays