This Madeira Jeep Tour will take to the Northwest of the island, in a full day tour, where you can see some of the most beautiful and dramatic landscapes of the island, You will also swim in the Porto Moniz Natural Pools and go for a walk in a the Laurissilva Forest with ravishing landscapes as you explore the lush northwest, where waterfalls melt into the ocean and lava has been shaped into cerulean pools. Feel the adrenalin-adventure of exploring primitive back roads surrounded by native forest. and for sure, you will have unforgettable moments.
This full day starts in Funchal area and is done in an open 4×4 ( so you can enjoy the most, the beautiful landscapes that you´re gonna see)
This course was created to allow you to view really special and beautiful places.
After leaving Funchal, we´ll go towards the Encumeada Valley (which separates the island in half), and go up to the Encumeada viewpoint, where you can see both the North and South Coast at the same time. It is also here that start some of the most popular walking paths in Madeira.
After that, we go down to Chão dos Louros, a great Laurissilva area, with picnic areas and a truly fresh mountain air. From Ginjas to Paul da Serra, the ride gets bumpy as we hit some beaten track towards the highest plateau in Madeira, and where you´ll enjoy some nice views over the São Vicente valley.
In direction to the Fanal, you will go trough some protected areas, with some centuries-old trees, and a breathtaking beauty.
Ribeira da Janela is a locality built over the coast of a steep mountain but from where we got a great view over the Islands North Coast (Eira do Serrado viewpoint)
You will visit the enchanted Porto Moniz, where you find the world-known Natural Lava Pools, and depend on the weather, you can go for a swim in these warm waters. If not, there´s always the Seixal black sand beach, which is the next stop.
After the lunch (not included in the tour price), you will visit the lovely São Vicente center, and then go back to Funchal.
- Enjoy a 4×4 tour
- See landscapes that are inaccessible from the paved roads
- Swim in Natural Lava Pools
- Go for a levada walk
- Learn more about the history and traditions of Madeira
- Full day tour in a 4×4 open tour
- A bottle of water
- A map of Madeira
- A pack of cookies
- A group photo sent by email
- Lunch (adds 12€)
- The tour operator isn´t responsible for any valuables left in the vehicle;
- Pick up outside of Funchal / Caniço – extra fee (fuel tax) –
– €10.00 p/p – Caniçal, Porto da Cruz, Santana, Ponta Delgada, Porto Moniz, Ponta do Pargo, Prazeres
– €5.00 p/p – Santo da Serra, Machico, Santa Cruz, Camacha, Jardim da Serra, Ponta do Sol, Calheta;
- For cancellation less than 24 hours prior to the reserved time, 50% of the reservation value is charged;
- Children with ages between 0 – 11 years old, shall pay only 50% (half) of the total per tour.
- In order to warrant the safety and wellbeing of the clients (single or groups), they need to comply with the instructions given previously or during the tour by the Driver or Tour Leader, when such;
- Customers give all rights to the operator, for audiovisual during the tour for advertisement / promotional.
- If the tour is cancelled due to weather conditions, you will get a full refund
- This tour is done every Wednesdays